Healing in the Old Testament
God healed people and delivered them from their distress. He said:
- I am the Lord that heals you
- I will take all sickness away from you
- I heal all your diseases
Healing in the New Testament
While he was on earth, Jesus healed people of physical and mental sickness. The New Testament is full of these accounts. Throughout the Book of Acts, the disciples brought God’s power to people by preaching the word of God and healing the sick.
Healing for today
God wants to heal people today of physical, mental and spiritual troubles.
The Bible tells us:
- to pray for the sick in our church meetings
- healing is a gift God puts in the Church
- to pray for each other to be healed
- healing is a sign that follows believers
- Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever
We experience the healing power of God, with people are being healed from physical and mental illness, and drug, alcohol and gambling addiction.
You can ask and expect God to heal you today – body, mind and spirit.
Other subjects in this series:
-  Psalm 107:19-20
-  Exodus 15:26
-  Exodus 23:25, Deuteronomy 7:15
-  Psalm 103:2-3
-  Matthew 4:23, 8:2-3 and 16-17, Mark 6:56, Acts 3:1-10, 8:5-8, 9:32-34
-  3 John verse 2
-  James 5:14-15
-  1 Corinthians 12:9
-  James 5:16
-  Mark 16:17-18
-  Hebrews 13:8